About Ledger Nano S?
Ledger Nano S Wallet is a hardware wallet that allows users to exchange the most popular digital currencies. Ledger can be a good choice for those looking for affordable prices, a wide choice of currencies and attractive value propositions. Ledger is an excellent tool because it provides access to the world’s leading digital currencies.
The wallet offers a high level of security. In addition, it has established itself as the cheapest wallet with OLED display due to the perfect price/quality correlation. You can connect the wallet via USB to any PC.
The Ledger Nano S Wallet has two buttons that you can use to control it. The initial configuration of the device is quite simple and takes about 3 minutes. Most of the time is spent on writing seeds.
The process behind seed creation is one of the places where the second screen comes into play. If your computer is compromised, a hacker can see the seed when it appears on your screen. This is exactly the reason why the seed appears on the small screen of the device, which is tamper-proof, so you know that only you see your seed.
The device is adaptable with the following operating systems: Windows 7-10, Mac 10.8 +, Linux or Chrome OS.
Ledger Nano S Wallet is available on the Ledger Wallet website for a price of EUR 99,69 plus VAT (approximately US $ 116.35 at the time of writing). This makes it the most affordable hardware wallet on the market.
Do not forget that its price on sites like Amazon has more than doubled. To avoid the huge margin, it is best to purchase the wallet from the official website of Ledger wallet.
The Ledger Wallet includes security features that allow you to send and receive payments as securely as possible.
- Offline storage. The main purpose of hardware wallets is to store your digital currency offline and out of hackers’ reach. The Ledger Wallet is no exception.
- Secure PIN Code: Choosing a secure PIN is one of the first things the ledger will ask you to do. This four-digit PIN is required to send payments. After three incorrect estimates, the device is deleted.
- Backup and Restore: Even if you lose your physical wallet, your accounts will be saved on a recovery sheet of 24 unique words that you create.
- Advanced passphrase options: The Ledger wallet now offers advanced passphrase options that allow you to include custom text in your 24-word recovery phase. However, this feature is very delicate and Ledger does not recommend using it unless you are absolutely sure you understand it.
- Allows storage of the world’s leading digital currencies.
- Integration with a variety of software wallets.
- An OLED screen that allows you to check each transaction.
- One of the cheapest hardware wallets based on OLED.
Ledger Nano S Wallet offers a very attractive value-performance ratio with features comparable to those of the market leaders. If you are not sure if you want to buy this wallet, you can check Trezor vs Ledger comparison, it might help.