The winners of the 3rd EOS Hackathon have been announced in London, England. With a total of 90 teams and 470 participants from 44 countries, EOS Hackathon, based in London, was the biggest event of the series to date. With more than 70 mentors participating in the event, Hackathon’s competitors were encouraged to “create an EOSIO application platform to enhance the relationship between technology and privacy or user security.”
The teams compete for cash prizes and the chance to participate in the grand finale of the EOS Hackathon, which is scheduled in an unknown location on December 8th. London Hackathon prizes included three top prizes of $ 100K for 1st place, $ 25K for second and $ 10k for third. In addition, three honorific for the best social media post ANSWERS, the best user experience and greatest social impact were awarded and five initial investments of $ 50K notable participants were also offered.
Among the judges responsible for the London curating event are Brenden Blumer, CEO and co-founder Block.one, Dan Larimer, who is also responsible for the creation and Steemit BitShares. His experience and success in the world of Blockchain helped the event in London to draw attention to truly innovative projects:
- 1st place: EOS Shield: a record of checking the reputation and identity of EOS accounts and contracts
- 2nd place and best UX: Chestnut – White list of contracts and accounts for EOS account transactions
- 3rd place: OnTheBlock – An EOS ID Pass that allows the user to control who has access
- Best social media posting: cybercode twins
- The biggest social impact: Geneos: an EOS-based genomics data market
The EOS London Hackathon has some of the best and brightest in the world of technology block chain and has been an opportunity for the EOS project to recognize and develop the growing community that supports its platform.