According to an official press release made on February the 27th, Wirex users in the European Economic Area (EEA) now have “unconditional access” to:
- “Unconditional access to Over-the-Counter (OTC) rates for crypto exchanges
- Traditional currency exchange at the interbank rate
- 10 new fiat currencies, including HKD, SGD, and AUD
- New ways to transfer in and out of your account using Faster Payments, SEPA, and SWIFT
- Customisable accounts – choose the currencies you want and hide the rest
- A swish, new-design Wirex Visa card
- A new transparent fees structure”
In the press it is also mentioned that the update will also make available new features to residents of the Asia-Pacific region and Canada, enabling them to use their Wirex accounts in the fiat currency of their country of residence for the first time.
“Users in these territories can enjoy Wirex accounts in their local currency for the first time, as well as the same unconditional access to OTC and interbank rates for crypto and FX exchanges respectively.”
From the “Money Management” page of Wirex’s blog, the platform now offers support for 15 fiat currencies, including the newest additions to the list, the Hong Kong dollar, the Singapore Dollar and the Australian Dollar (AUD).
Below are the fiat currencies available according to regions:
EEA: Australian Dollar (AUD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Swiss Franc (CHF), Czech Republic Koruna (CZK), Hong Kong dollar (HKD), Japanese Yen (JPY), Singapore Dollar (SGD), Euro (EUR), United States Dollar(USD), Pound sterling (GBP)
APAC: AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, HKD, JPY, SGD, EUR, GBP
Rest of the World: AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, HKD, JPY, SGD, EUR, GBP
The recent update also allows users to transfer money in and out of bank accounts in a new way, as Wirex now supports United Kingdom-based Faster Payments, SEPA and SWIFT payments.